BACKUP for Life Career Development Incentives
Many former officers leave the NSW Police Force facing a broad range of challenges as they transition into a civilian lifestyle - in particular transitioning into a new career - which can significantly impact on them and their immediate family. Career Development Incentives of up to $2,000 are available to successful applicants to help fund a range of career development opportunities for former NSW police officers.
- Successful applicants must complete a survey at the start of their career development process as well as 6 and 12 months later for evaluation and continuous improvement purposes of this incentive.
- Successful applicants must be engaged with the Career Development opportunity within 3 months of being notified of their successful application (course dates will be taken into account).
- Professional Development: towards completing qualifications with a Registered Training Organisation
- Recognition of Prior Learning: towards completing a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment with a registered training organisation. An RPL is an assessment pathway that you can utilise to recognise skills, knowledge and experience gained throughout your career, life experience, training courses, work based training and volunteer work.
- Short Courses: Short courses provide intensive training to help advance your career options, update your skills and knowledge, or meet specific legislative requirements. There is a wide range of short courses available across a broad range of industry areas.
- Job Preparation: Resume and job preparation assistance, i.e. interview preparation
- Career coaching
- Small business start up (equipment, licenses etc)