BACKUP for Life
It’s common for police officers transitioning from successful careers with the NSW Police Force to face a broad range of challenges when returning to civilian life, and these challenges can often impact both the individual and their families.
In 2016, the NSW Government and NSW Police Legacy joined forces to develop the BACKUP for Life program, specifically to assist former police officers as they transition back to civilian life. BACKUP for Life offers counselling services, mentorship programs, workshops, and financial assistance. To find out more about any of these, please click the links below the video.
BACKUP for Life Services
- Counselling and Referral Program
- Ernst Meyer: Psychotherapist
- Career Development Incentives
- Mentoring Program
- Workshops and Training
BACKUP for Life Events & Workshops
UPDATE: We are acting on the latest Australian Government advice re COVID-19, and conducting all our workshops in a COVID-safe fashion.
Regulations are still changing often, so please come back to this page to check our upcoming offerings. At this stage we can confirm the following workshops:
27 - 29 Oct: Beyond the Badge Career Transition Program
- 31 Oct: Holistic Health and Wellbeing (for the families of transitioning and former NSW Police Officers)
- 25 Nov: Holistic Health and Wellbeing (for transitioning and former NSW Police Officers)
- 26 Nov: Career Confidence (for transitioning and former NSW Police Officers)
- 8 - 10 Dec: Beyond the Badge Career Transition Program
For further information on any of these workshops please contact us using the details below.
BACKUP for Life Reports
BACKUP for Life: In the Media
If you have any further questions, or to contact BACKUP for Life directly, please call (02) 9264 4531, or 0488 033 325