BACKUP for Life
It’s common for police officers transitioning from successful careers with the NSW Police Force to face a broad range of challenges when returning to civilian life, and these challenges can often impact both the individual and their families.
In 2016, the NSW Government and NSW Police Legacy joined forces to develop the BACKUP for Life program, specifically to assist former police officers as they transition back to civilian life.
BACKUP for Life offers counselling services, mentorship programs, workshops, and financial assistance. To find out more about any of these, please click the links below:
BACKUP for Life Services
- Counselling and Referral Program
- Ernst Meyer: Psychotherapist
- Career Development Incentives
- Mentoring Program
- Retired Police ID Card
BACKUP for Life Events & Workshops
- 8-10 August: Holistic Heath and Wellbeing / Career Confidence Workshops
- 28-31 August: WorkSafe Career Transition Progam
- 1 November: BACKUP for Life Expo
BACKUP for Life Reports
If you have any further questions, or to contact BACKUP for Life directly, please call 02 9264 4531.