We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Annual Detective Constable William ‘Bill’ Crews VA Scholarship which was set up in memory of Bill, a young Police Officer who died tragically in the line of duty in 2010.
This scholarship of $6,000 aims to ease some of the financial burden associated with training as a NSW Police Officer.
Detective Constable Crews came from a proud policing family and his legacy lives on through this scholarship and the many family and friends who continue to remember and honour him.
To ensure his service and sacrifice is appropriately honoured and respected, NSW Police Legacy has been charged with investing the funds raised at the time of Bill’s death in a lasting and meaningful program that continues to bring credit to policing and to Bill’s memory. Many of Bill’s friends and family continue to raise money each year to ensure the continuation of this scholarship fund.
The successful applicant will receive an award based on academic and professional merit.
Applications close Friday 13 September 2019.
How to apply
In order to be eligible for consideration, recipients will:
- Have completed one year as a Probationary Constable since their attestation
- Have a mother or father or natural guardian who is a current or former member of the NSW Police Force
- Submit a fully completed and signed application form and covering letter with the required documents enclosed
The following documents are required as part of the application:
- Completed application form
- Cover letter describing your family’s connection to the Police family and what that means to you
- Academic transcripts (if documents are delayed simply notify us – we understand these can take a while to obtain)
- Proof of parent’s police occupation (copy of ID or supervisory letter on station letterhead is acceptable, as is a letter from Police Protocol Unit or NSW Police Legacy)
- Certificate of Service of a former police officer or similar proof
- Letter of recommendation from a Local Area or Specialist Commander, or NSW Police Academy Instructional Area, which speaks of the student’s character
Download the application form here.
If you have any questions, please call the office on 02 9264 1311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org