The Bill Crews Cup is a charity day that honours the late Detective Constable William Arthur George Crews VA who was tragically killed in the line of duty at Bankstown on 9 September 2010. The inaugural game was held in 2011, and the event has been held every year since.
The event began with a single rugby game, and has now evolved into a full day of family fun, including a Ladies OZTAG game, two soccer games, a tug of war, and (of course!) a game of rugby.
The Annual Bill Crews Cup will this year be held on 18 July at Neptune Park, Edinburgh Street, Revesby Heights.
Since the event first began, the organisers have raised more than $50,000 for NSW Police Legacy and other worthy recipients of the Police Family.
Program for the day:
- 11.00 am - Chris Plummer Shield: Bankstown FC v Macarthur All Stars (soccer)
- 12.00 pm - Bankstown Buzzards v Campsie Camels (Oz tag)
- 12.45 pm - Bankstown PAC v Police Transport Command (Tug of War)
- 1.00 pm - Bankstown FC v Campsie FC (Mixed soccer)
- 2.00 pm - BILL CREWS CUP: Bankstown Giants v Campsie Camels (Rugby League)
There will also be a BBQ, cakes and drink stalls, a jumping castle and a raffle with prizes on the day.